Posted by: aoifelove | March 31, 2015

Easter Vacation!

Dear Sixth Grade Parents and Students,

Once again, I apologize for the late blog, but the Yearbook ~ 2015,  took all of my weekend again.  The good news is that it is now finished and with the publisher, since Monday night. Phew!

Congratulations to all my Sixth Graders who produced wonderful inventions and art for the Science Inventions/Art Fair, last Thursday night.  I was thrilled and impressed by your inventive and creative minds.  GREAT JOB, Sixth Graders!  A special “Thank You!” to Miss Lida, our Middle School Science teacher, for her guidance, help, and support in this great event.  “Thank You!” to all the other teachers at O.M.M.S. who were involved.  Finally, “Thank You!” to all the parents and relatives who attended in support of your children.

Last week, I finished reading The Tempest by William Shakespeare.  We also reviewed General Nouns and Collective Nouns with colorful books and a grammar game.  This week, I will read aloud Shakespeare’s biography.  For Literature on DVD, we will finish watching Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.  In addition to this, my Sixth Graders will work in their classroom workbooks.

This week in history, my Sixth Graders will finish reading Chapter 7, which focuses on Buddhism.  I am happy to report that 80% scored A+’s on their History Test today.  The remaining 20% scored B+’s/B’s.  I am so proud of my Sixth Graders.  Their memorization skills have truly developed greatly this year.  Yahoo!

Reminders: 1. My Eighth Graders will present The Stations of the Cross, in the Mission’s gardens, on Thursday, between 9:00a.m. and 11:30a.m.  All are welcome to attend.

2. My Eighth Graders will reenact The Passion, on Friday, at noon, in the Serra Center.  All are welcome to attend.

3. We are almost sold out of Yearbooks.  Order now to avoid disappointment.

No homework this week!

Have a wonderful Easter Break.  Your children have worked extremely hard this year, and they deserve a break.  Please keep them safe during this vacation.  They are precious!

Imagination does not become great until human beings, given the courage and strength, use it to create. ~ Maria Montessori

Happy Easter!  Enjoy your vacation with your children.

Cheers,

Miss Susan

Advertisements

Categories